Current Trends in Managed Print
Studies show that there the average office needs 1 print device for every 4.4 users. On average organizations spend 1-3% of their annual revenue on printer expenses. This means a $30 million dollar company may be spending up to $900,000 on printing related costs.
Having a strategy to accurately manage, track, and analyze your printer environment is a must in today’s office world. Managed print services have been evolving to keep pace with technological advancements and changing customer demands. Here are some of the trends that have been shaping the managed print industry:
- Print Security
- With the increasing number of cyber threats and data breaches, print security has become a critical concern for organizations. In 2022 alone, data breaches impacted over 422 million individuals. Managed print services are incorporating robust security measures to protect sensitive information, including encryption, user authentication, and secure printing solutions.
- Cloud-Based Print Management
- Cloud technology has revolutionized the way print services are managed. Cloud-based print management solutions provide centralized control and monitoring of print infrastructure, enabling organizations to optimize their print environment, track usage, and reduce costs. These solutions also facilitate mobile printing, allowing users to print from any device, anywhere.
- Print Analytics and Data-driven Insights
- Managed print services are leveraging data analytics to gain valuable insights into print usage patterns, device performance, and cost optimization opportunities. By analyzing print data, organizations can identify inefficient processes, eliminate waste, and implement more sustainable printing practices.
- Mobile Printing and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
- The proliferation of mobile devices and remote work has increased the demand for mobile printing solutions. Managed print services are focusing on providing seamless mobile printing capabilities, enabling employees to print documents from their smartphones or tablets securely. Additionally, managed print solutions are accommodating the use of personal devices through BYOD policies.
- Green Printing Initiatives
- The average office worker uses 10,000 sheets of copy paper each year, so sustainability has become a priority for many organizations, and managed print services are embracing eco-friendly practices. This includes deploying energy-efficient devices, encouraging duplex printing, implementing print quotas, and promoting digital workflows to reduce paper consumption and waste.
- Internet of Things (IoT) Integration
- The integration of IoT devices and sensors in the print environment allows for proactive monitoring, predictive maintenance, and automated supply reordering. Managed print services can remotely track device health, detect issues before they cause downtime, and ensure uninterrupted printing operations.
- Print as a Service (PaaS)
- As-a-Service models have gained popularity across various industries, and managed print services are no exception. Print as a Service (PaaS) offers a subscription-based model where organizations pay for print services based on their actual usage. This provides flexibility, scalability, and cost predictability, while also ensuring that print infrastructure is always up to date.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML)
- AI and ML technologies are being leveraged to optimize print environments further. Intelligent print management solutions can automate routine tasks, proactively detect and resolve issues, optimize print queues, and provide predictive analytics for efficient supply management.
These trends demonstrate the ongoing transformation of managed print services to meet the evolving needs of organizations, enhance productivity, and drive cost savings while prioritizing security and sustainability.
By partnering with MSI for Managed Print Services, you can streamline your printing operations, improve efficiency, and achieve cost savings. Our expertise in print management allows you to focus on your core business while leaving the printing-related tasks to the professionals.
Reach out today to learn how we can help you better manage your printer fleet.